Saturday, July 13, 2013

Day 8 of the Unforgettable Journey: La Paz to Copacabana, Bolivia

FRIDAY JULY 12, 2013
     We started off today on a morning walking tour. We tried to check out first, but the witch at the front desk took extra money for me (she charged me 100bob, when I only owed 79) but by the time I pulled it up on my phone to check it, she closed the account and refused to reimburse me. I had to fight with her for 20 minutes to get my money back and she gave me 20, not 21, bolivianos, in FIFTY CENT PIECES. 40 coins. What a nasty human being. After all that obnoxiousness, we had to run to visit the church then before our tour, but it was so breathtaking. I used all the jerk-lady's refunded coins to buy 5 candles to light in the capilla, and bought a rosary that smelled like actual roses.
     We caught the next walking tour from 10 to 130pm, which ended at the Witches' Market where Amy met us. We bought tons of little trinkets. You could even buy a dried llama fetus to bless a new home, family, or baby. Lastly, we visited the crypt and then ran to get bags and the bus to Copacabana. We settled into the hotel in a nice big private room with a private bathroom. We had dinner at La Orilla, which was delicious, and then booked our tour for tomorrow. Next up, a shower, and bed! Hasta mañana :)

No comments:

Post a Comment