Monday, March 18, 2013

Not quite the best day ever...

WEDNESDAY MARCH 13, 2013
     What a wreck of a Wednesday. If you're not in the mood for whine, get your corks out!
     Today was not my best day in Santiago thus far. I woke up happy but around 11/12 in the morning, Jess and I realized we had a 4-day weekend ahead of us, after Jess's class this afternoon, and we were about to waste it!!
     So, instead of going to the beach to enjoy my day off, I holed up with my laptop and spent the entire day researching and planning a weekend getaway. We know we wanted to get as far away as we could because this was a long break for us! Our only other opportunities to travel are Easter weekend, la Pascua, and our extra two weeks in July.
     Insanely enough, we decided to skip down to PATAGONIA for the weekend. Yeah, I know, qué locura. But, it would be a lot colder, a lot more difficult, and a lot less fun if we did this trip in July. So we went for it. The flight was a tough hit; very expensive, but we decided it was worth it. I researched flights, hostels, and tours while Jess went to her classes. It was pretty stressful but hopefully will be worth it in the end. When she was done, we visited a hopeful apartment quickly (a separate post in itself).
     Sadly, our only flight option was Thursday night, so we have to waste most of the day tomorrow, but we chose a late flight back to Santiago on Sunday. Monday morning we'll be planning ALL our classes for next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment