Monday, March 25, 2013

We have a place to LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

     We aren't homeless anymore!!!!! Ok, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but as the only ones left in our whole program without an apartment, and our March 31st deadline fast approaching, Jess and I were feeling the pressure of not being able to find a place. On Sunday evening, we went over to Nelly's again to discuss when we would move in to the small room and such. I brought up the price again, and she said she couldn't lower it below 270,000 due to rising building fees. I felt like crying. But I knew Jess and I needed somewhere to live, and ASAP, so I threw my last curveball. I told her we were thinking of splitting the cost of the two rooms, but we couldn't go about 430,000 (about $860 usd) per month between the two of us. That way, we'd each pay 215,000 which wasn't too far over our budget, but if she still wanted to look at it as one room was 180 and the other was 250. After a moment's silence, Nelly agreed. We jumped out of our seats a little and both hugged her right there! WE HAVE A HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!! It was the only thing repeating through my head haha, over and over. I would move my stuff on Wednesday or Thursday before we left for the weekend, and Jess would move in in two weeks when the German girl moves out. Until then, we are going to ask our friends to open their couches to Jess; hopefully we can work that all out tomorrow. Then, on Easter Sunday, when we return from our mini family vacation, I'd move in for good. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment