Friday, May 24, 2013

TripAdvisor -y Warning!

¡¡¡Use Caution and proceed slowly when attempting to plan prolonged backpacking vacations!!!
      Today Jess, our friend Amy, and I met to start planning our big trip at the end of July. When I say end, I mean, the three weeks of July we have off because the children go on winter vacation (it's South America- opposite seasons people ;D ) Anyway, we figured it was high time to start booking tickets and such since we only have a month and a half left before we leave! Where does the time go? We were a little preoccupied moving apartments and getting settled into the new routine and location, so we finally got down to business today. Originally we had planned to work our way north through Chile and South America, then take a quick hop over to Buenos Aires to check out this AMAZING zoo which my lovely sister brought to my attention back in March. Once she showed me pictures of people holding baby tigers!!!!! I knew I would just have to go there. However, upon beginning to work through logistics today, we realized that it would just be easier to take a small side trip to Buenos Aires in June, and then spend more time in each location at the end. We will fly straight back here from Ecuador instead of all the way down to Buenos Aires and THEN back to Santiago.
     So, surprise! We're going to Buenos Aires in two weeks :D I can't wait to pet the tigers and hold baby Simbas in my lap oh my god!! It's going to be so wonderful; maybe we'll even learn how to tango, who knows! For now, I will just enjoy my Friday night in, planning tours, booking hostels, and dreaming about all the wonderful places we are going to go in a little over a month! Here's our new itinerary: Santiago -> San Pedro de Atacama, Chile -> Uyuni, Bolivia -> La Paz, Bolivia -> Lake Titicaca, Bolivia -> Cusco, Peru -> Lima, Peru -> Guayaquil, Ecuador -> Galapagos Islands!!! -> Quito, Ecuador -> Santiago, Chile. Jealous? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment